WARNING! If you are not a Canadian citizen, you must call the SAAQ at 514954-7771 to check if you can obtain a driver's license, depending on your status in Canada. Indeed, as of January 1, 2022, foreign students and temporary residents holding a work permit for less than 12 months can no longer register for a driver's license. EDIT: It seems that an additional delay has been put in place and that this rule will only be applied from March 1st. You could register before this date. Please contact the SAAQ for more details!

Boat Driver’s License

Driver's license Boat

Drive & Go offers you theoretical courses and directs you to the right process to obtain your boat driver’s licence in Quebec from Transport Canada.

Indeed, a pleasure craft licence is mandatory in Quebec and the rest of Canada for all motorized boats with engines of 10hp or more.

All operators of motor pleasure craft must have proof of competence, regardless of the age, length of the boat or the type of engine used.